Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: My first EVER historical item has arrived. Kit's Typewriter!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    I have been ordering Kit's stuff even though I have not ordered Kit yet.

    I *thought* I would want Kit to have her typewriter, but now, I think I want the typewriter to have her Kit!

    It is so beautiful! It is heavy and solid and gorgeous!It makes the prettiest, purest little "Ding" I have ever heard.It is AMAZING! I am just totally impressed.

    Now I KNOW I want the waffle iron too.Oh, and the Hobo stuff... I can't really see a stopping place, just to be honest.

    WOW! *Gazes over at ADORABLE little typewriter* [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *sigh* ahh the typewriter. One of our favorite pieces. Just wait till you see the waffle iron, it has a tiny electrical cord and everything!!!

    Kym *madly craving waffles....that aren't plastic*

  3. #3
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    I don't have Kit but I do love the little typewriter. Hmmm..the code comes to mind so now's my chance. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Nia

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Candie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the typewritter just recently too and WOW...I am in awe as well...it IS the neatest thing! Even my dh 'played' with it a little...lol!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK - IGNORANT QUESTION but one I've had for a long time. Does it TYPE, or just DING? Inquiring minds at several addresses in my part of the state want to know!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have this set and I love it too! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kmbe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It doesn't type, because there is no tiny ribbon (too messy I guess). It just dings. But it is one of the best AG accessories out there. All of Kit's things are incredibly nice and heavyweight/quality items.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought the typewriter shortly after getting Kit's desk. No it doesn't type. That would be amazing if it did. But there is one "letter key" that does flip up to smack the paper each time a keyboard key is pressed. So it just looks like you're typing, especially because the carriage moves across the page with each keystroke and there's a tiny ding at the end of the line. I think Kit's typewriter is one of the most sophisticated pieces American Girl makes. Lots of parts and technology went into creating such a realistic typewriter.

    I can't close Kit's desk with the typewriter facing forward because the front edge of the typewriter sticks out too far. But if the typewriter is turned around, then the typewriter keyboard can fit under the shelf above the desk top and the tambour top can be closed easily.


    Julia

  9. #9
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! Now I want Kit's typewriter! It sounds SO cool they way you all described it!

  10. #10
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Woohoo! I just coded Kit's typewriter! Can hardly wait to try it out and hear that bell ring. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks for all your reviews!
    Nia
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •